Sunday 11 September 2011

A lovely weekend and some new music

I've just spent a really lovely weekend in Hereford for my Grandma's 80th birthday, full of great food, wine and family! We all had a fab time and my Grandma was particularly taken with the cake we had made for her - she adores walking (and can still beat me up a mountain any day, so jealous) so the lady who made the icing crafted a little icing walker which bore an uncanny likeness to Grandma!

What a cake!
Baking is always something I've wanted to get into, and although I don't think my skills will ever match those above, it would be great to be able to produce some cute cupcakes etc.

I was also very excited when I got back to see that my new Slow Club album, ' had arrived and I'd completely forgotten it was a special signed edition. I adore these guys and am going to see them live in two weeks time - perfect timing to have a listen to some new stuff! For anyone who loves lovely folky harmonies these guys are a MUST!

'Paradise' - Slow Club
What a nice weekend!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!