Thursday 19 January 2012

La Blogotheque/Takeaway Shows

Music is a big part of my life and I spend at least 2 hours a day listening. One day I was introduced to the La Blogotheque videos on Youtube by a good friend, which a bit like the 'Live Lounge' tracks, and usually often involve the artist moving around Paris whilst performing. If you fancy hearing your favourite artist performing live then this is a great way to do it. It's also a fab way to discover some new bands - this is where I found out about Yeasayer:


Whenever I find myself despairing at the latest Popstar Idol Factor or whatever, that video restores my faith in humanity!

I'd totally recommend checking out the Beirut, Bon Iver and Sufjan Stevens ones too, but I'll leave you with my favourite. If you skip to 3.29 in this video you'll hear 'How Much More' by Stars (wrongly labelled as 'Haunted' for some reason). It's totally different to the original and totally beautiful...


Enjoy!

Sarah x


3 comments:

  1. LOVE Beirut and Bon Iver... great recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are two of my favourite artists :) I saw Bon Iver live and it was breathtaking! xxx

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!