Cajun Chicken with Pineapple Rice – serves 4
· Olive oil
· 1 red pepper
· 1 small tin of sweetcorn
· 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
· 250g long grain rice
· 1 chicken stock cube
· 1 small tin pineapple chunks in natural juice
· Chicken (standard pack)
1. Heat oil in pan and fry diced pepper, sweetcorn and half of spice mix
2. Mix up stock cube in 700ml of boiling water, then add this and rice to pan.
3. Bring to the boil, gently stir in and then lower the heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut chicken into chunks and rub in the remaining spice mix.
5. Heat oil in a separate pan and fry chicken.
6. Gently stir in pineapple chunks and juice into rice and allow to simmer for a further 3-4 minutes.
7. Add chicken and serve.
It's also great cold if you fancy taking the leftovers for lunch the next day!